The mission of GCISC is to create and maintain a learning environment that fosters in students the ability to make choices based upon well reasoned strategies; to develop the capacity to respond and adapt to changing circumstances and worldly environments; to gain an appreciation for learning as a lifelong process and to gain the skills and knowledge necessary for a diverse, ever changing world.
Statement of Philosophy
GCISC will provide the fundamentals of literacy, communication, and mathematical applications for students to succeed in their later studies and/or working lives. School personnel will partner with parents and the community to maximize resources necessary to provide students a quality education in a supportive and positive climate. Students will develop global awareness, civic responsibility and critical thinking skills to respond and adapt to the changes of the 21st century.
The fundamental purpose of the GCISC is to encourage each student to develop his/her intellectual, social, and personal qualities in order to participate fully in an interconnected community – be it local or global.
Intellectually, students need to develop:
- The capacity for learning how to learn
- The ability to analyze and evaluate complex issues, problems, and events
- The skills needed to utilize changing knowledge and solving problems
Personally, students need to develop:
- A respect and acceptance of self
- A commitment to individual integrity and responsibility
- Respect for the fundamental moral values necessary in a multi-ethnic world
Socially, students need to develop:
- A commitment to democratic principles
- Respect for individual and cultural differences
- A capacity for empathy
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The primary purpose of GCISC is to prepare each student to learn, grow, and thrive in the 21st Century. To accomplish this, the administration, faculty, staff, and community work together to provide opportunities for student growth. Through an integrated curriculum, students are given opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills that will develop their potential as active life-long learners.
All GCISC Students will:
• Solve problems using creative and critical thinking
• Use research and technological skills to locate, access, organize, evaluate and present information
• Communicate effectively
• Participate in service learning and community service opportunities
• Practice personal wellness
At GCISC we espouse the following values which shape and guide all our educational practices:
• We promote critical thinking.
• We value effective communication.
• We believe technology enriches student learning.
• We value collaborative learning.
• We respect diversity.
• We believe physical wellness is part of a rewarding lifestyle.
• We believe an aesthetic education benefits all students.
• We believe all students deserve an equitable education
• We promote high expectations and a rigorous curriculum
• We believe students should be active participants in their own learning.